Making it in Hollywood
Another Writers Store Shindig:
The best way to learn about the writing and filmmaking process is directly from the people who make the magic happen on the silver screen. Now, you have the opportunity to join these power players in an intimate setting!
In Making It in Hollywood: Screenwriters, Directors & Producers Speak, presented by Sherwood Oaks College, some of the top names in show business will share their insights on how screenplays are created, sold and produced.
Day 1: Top Screenwriters Panel
Enjoy the rare opportunity to interact with the screenwriters who wrote some of the biggest films in the world.
Writers scheduled to attend include:
- Mark Fergus (Iron Man, Cowboys and Aliens, Tomb Raider) Paul Guay (Liar, Liar, Little Rascals)
- Laeta Kalorgridis (Shutter Island, Avatar)
- Bonnie MacBird (Tron)
- Quinn Redeker (The Deer Hunter)
- Wesley Strick (True Believer, Cape Fear)
- Paul Tamasy (The Fighter)
- Chris Webb (Toy Story 2)
- Gina Wendkos (Princess Diaries) Schedule permitting
Day 2: Top Directors and Producers Panel
Participate in a discussion with top Hollywood producers, both from large companies and from independents, who are open to meeting with new writers and possibly helping them launch their careers.
Directors and producers scheduled to attend include:
- David Foster (Mask of Zorro, Collateral Damage, the Getaway)
- Todd Garner (The Zoo Keeper, The Sorcerer’s Apprentice, Paul Blart: Mall Cop)
- Howard Rosenman (Gross Anatomy, The Family Man, Father of the Bride)
- Shane Black (Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang, Iron Man)
- Nicholas Meyer (Star Trek, Time After Time, The Human Stain)
- Rick Rosenthal (Bad Boys, Halloween, American Dreamer)
- Mark Rydell (On Golden Pond, The Rose, James Dean)
- James L. Brooks (As Good As It Gets, The Simpsons) Schedule permitting
This event takes place in Santa Monica on September 19 & 20. You can choose to attend just one of the days, or maximize your learning opportunity by enrolling for both panels.
Attendees are invited to share their one-sheet or logling with each guest, so be sure to bring plenty of copies!
Date: September 19–20, 2011
Time: 9:00AM – 5:00PM
Location: Santa Monica Playhouse – 1211 Fourth Street Santa Monica, CA 90401-1391
Sign up before September 10, 2011 for just $99 (reg.$150) each day!